Hairy Biker Dave’s Perfect Air Fryer Chips
Hairy Bikers Air Fryer Chips Recipe
Welcome to the world of the air fryer! One of the most common reasons people buy an air fryer is to make delicious chips in a healthy, fat-free way. To showcase our air fryer, Dave’s decided to show us his fool proof way of making crispy chips in his Hairy Bikers air fryer.
To get that added crispiness, in this recipe Dave soaks the potato in salted water before drying and frying. This helps to remove the starch from the potato which will add to the crispiness once cooked. As for the size of the chips, it’s completely up to you. Dave has gone for a medium chip, but you can opt for something thinner like french fries or even thick-cut chips!
- 2 potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Vinegar of your choice (Dave uses Apple Cider in the video)
- Peel and chop your potatoes into chips – their size is completely up to you!
- Place the chips into a bowl of cold, salted water to soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Once soaked, remove the chips and place onto some kitchen paper before patting dry.
- Place the chips back into a dry bowl, add a tablespoon of olive oil and mix well.
- Once mixed, place your chips into the air fryer basket and set them to cook for 20-25 minutes at 200°C
- If you’ve gone for a thinner chip, you may not need to cook them for 25 minutes. Likewise, if you have a thick-cut chip then they may need a little longer.
- To ensure all of your chips crisp up nicely, give them a shark after 10 minutes, and again 5 minutes from the end.
- Season with flaked salt, vinegar and a dip of your choice before serving!